To Stay at Home or No...

Been thinking a lot lately about how much I enjoyed being a stay at home mom when my third child was born. I loved  being able to get my house set in order and well prepared by the afternoon which made for an effortless evening. I was able to be an active and very present parent at my child's school, I was in the running to be the PTA President! I was able to make sure hubby had a week's worth of lunch and dinner was on the table ready for us to dine as a family before 7pm. It was a very busy job, don't be fooled, I was busy from the time I stepped my foot out of bed to the time I put those same feet back into that bed but it was filled with fulfilling work. My children loved to have me with them, my oldest loved that I was able to be at his school helping out, I never forgot to wash their uniforms or ran out of time before being able to make their lunches. Hubby loved that I wasn't totally exhausted and stressed every day and I'm sure, although he probably wouldn't admit it, he would love to not have to listen to me complain about who did or didn't do something at the office.

Although it is something that I would love to be able to do it may not be feasible at this time. With the way our bills are setup, we need all the income we can get our hands on to survive.  The cost of living is ridiculous in this city and with a handful of kids their expenses alone could potentially eat you alive. Trying to save and rebuild credit doesn't leave much room for error and at this time in our lives, errors are simply not acceptable.

Life is all about decisions and with decisions come consequences good or bad. Sometimes it doesn't even matter if it's a major or minor decision for it to have a great impact on your life. However, it's  always wise to weight in on all the pros and cons of major decisions,when you can anyway, it could save you a lot of extra work later in life.

Who knows how this year will end for the Jones posse, anything is possible. I mean one of our friends may hit the lotto and gift us a large sum of money that will allow me to come off my job, who really knows. Come what may we will continue to press on, together, as a family because that's what we do, whether that means mom and dad have to both work or mom can stay at home and maintain the family home equilibrium. Either way, it is what it is!

Crowns Galore
XOXO


P.S: True to form I did not conclude my second blog post. I did add to my Pinterest board, added some great fall outfits and fall color schemes but that's as far as I got but hey I told you guys so!

Until next time...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lets talk about sex baby!

My Marriage Rant....

I'm a Cheated Slacker!