My Marriage Rant....

Ok, so , I'm listening to the Kane Show this morning as I usually do.
I can only listen to them when the kids are engrossed in their own conversations on the way to school though, if they are too quiet and listening, they start to ask me questions or I hear them talking amongst themselves and laughing because they heard someone say "butt" or anything else they deem funny. I will never forget the time when Intern John was talking about his first kiss and how either he or the girl had braces and the kiss ended with one of them getting cut and bleeding, my boys went to town! They were giggling and commenting on how crazy this was and OMG he hurt her and she was going to bleed to death and blah, blah, blah. Well, needless to say after that the radio stayed on Kids Place Live the entire ride to school and until they exited the vehicle!
Since today, my boys were on 10 the entire ride to school, for whatever reason, I was able to tune in and catch the War of the Roses segment. For those of you who don't know, War of the Roses is kind of like a phone version of the show Cheaters. Someone calls or emails their story of suspicion that their significant other may be cheating on them, The Kane show calls the other half up, offers them free roses and a free couples massage. The suspicious half is waiting quietly, sometimes, on the other end listening for the name of the person they will send these romantic gifts to and the message they will put on the card. They usually pick someone other then their significant other and that person then flips out because they just caught them red handed. Ok, got it? Good!
Well today's War of the Roses was truly a jaw dropping oh no they didn't episode. I won't go into detail, if you want to listen, you can go to their website (link is above) or listen to their I Heart Radio show or podcast. It leads me to this, is the " Seven Year Itch" really a thing? Intern John brought up another theory, after eight years of marriage or a relationship the female party is more apt or vulnerable to be "picked off the marriage vine" and seduced into an affair. Do you all agree with this?! I would really love to hear your stand point on this matter.
I'm trying to figure out why marriage is not seen as a "til death do we part" covenant? Do the vows you recite on that beautiful, wonderful day have a shelf life? An expiry period?
I feel like people have strayed so far away from the sacredness and sanctity of what marriage stands for. Marriage is an institution that is set under God. It is a commitment, a covenant, a promise, a vow made between to people who choose to be together and between them and God. Some people take marriage so lightly, they treat it like its a fad or even worst, like its an article of clothing that you can put on and take off when the seasons change.
Now, I understand that there are worst case scenarios there are always exceptions to the rule. Some people just really should not have gotten married and some just really should not stay married. I agree that people change, it is inevitable. But my solution to that is this, and I'm sorry if this may come off as deep to some, but if you listen and trust God for your husband or wife you would probably save yourself a lot of heartache and pain. Now this is not to say that you won't go through troubles and misunderstandings and painful situation but you will be able to stand the tests of time because you are going through these trials and tribulations with the one who was created and fashioned just perfectly for you.
I, myself, can only speak from my own experiences, my husband and I have gone through a lot of things during our almost seven years of marriage. When we met we were both in relationships with no thought that we were interested in each other let alone that we would end up together and married with children. No, we did not cheat on who we were with with each other! We became really good friends who ended up helping each other get through some really rough break ups. Later, after the smoke cleared we realized how much fun we were having with each other and how close we had grown together. Even then it took for me to ask "Why aren't we together?" and him to respond "Really?" before we took the next step from friends zone to courtship. And we've be holding tight and strong ever since.
I tell Hubby all the time the only way out of this thing is in a box! We may laugh like its a joke but hunny I'm dead serious as a heart attack!

Comments

  1. I picked someone off the Vine and later on they cheated on me with mi Brotha. So I believe its some truth to the 7year inch...3 babies later, Im still learnn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to say it, or maybe not, you reap what you sow. Its been asked time and time again, if they cheated with you, what makes you think they won't cheat on you? I pray that you have learned from your past and have made better choices and wiser decisions for your sake and the sakes of your beautiful babies. We all have to live and learn and understand that it is a process but as long as you are open to change you have a chance. Love Ya! XOXO P.S. Give me an update on your relationship status in the near future if you can remember!

      Delete
  2. Gods greatest gift to us, is showing Us our potential. And we often need our Rib or to be that rib to our partners to realize the Greater us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that is exactly what a "Rib" does! It supports and helps to protect those things close to our hearts which is one of the reasons I love the analogy of the rib! Thanks so much for your support!! Love Ya! XOXO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lets talk about sex baby!

I'm a Cheated Slacker!