It's a New Year so why not?

Last night I got a call that shook me. It was a call to inform me that a cousin of mine was found dead in an abandoned home. I kind of went numb but still knew to call my Granny and Mom to make sure they knew. With all the deaths I've experienced over the past couple of years my heart is so fragile. I'm just recently getting to the place where I'm not scared to answer the phone. 
I thank God for keeping me through all that I've been through. I thank God for a husband he is my back bone and apart of my awesome support system. I further thank God that on this morning I received a message to let me know that it was not my cousin and I thank God that it was not but I also feel for the family of the son, brother, husband or cousin who was found in that home. 
Life is unexpected and with a new year coming in tonight we should reevaluate our priorities. This is a reevaluation that we should do consistently throughout the year but if we haven't it's not too late to do so. I know everyone maybe tired of hearing about New Years Resolutions or New Me Mantras or that some are getting rid of people who mean them no good but really who are we to tell someone to not take advantage of another year to change some things. We all should seek to be different, to be better every day, every week, every month and every year. The good thing about this, thank God we have the opportunity to another chance to make things right or to simply change some things. Tomorrow is surely not promised to any of us as we can clearly see if we watch the news from day to day so if you want to declare a new you in 2016 then by all means do you! No one knows all the hell you've endured in 2015 unless you feel so inclined to tell them and that's you're choice to do so or not. And if you feel that you need to do things differently and/or better next year then do it with all your might! Be that better you that see on your vision boards or in your dreams. Strive to be better than your yesterday and your best in your future, you owe it to yourself! 


Happy New Year to everyone! May 2016 be what your heart desires and more!

Until next time,
Crowns Galore

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lets talk about sex baby!

My Marriage Rant....

My Sisterly Natural Hair Bond