I'm not the only Mean Mommy!


With school now in session for almost a month now, you would  think that my boys would be good and settled into their morning routine right? Well, apparently not! It seems as if 3 out of 5 days of the school week we have to have a reminder of what it is they are supposed to do:



  • Wake up
  • Make up the bed
  • Shower
  • Put on uniforms, socks and shoes
  • Eat breakfast
  • Grab back packs and head out
Simple right? I thought so. Some how or another something gets lost in translation and the routine goes to pieces and this is when Mean Mommy has to show up and show out.


If your a mom I'm sure you are well aware and also have a Mean Mommy lurking inside you awaiting the right time and right moment to make her presence known. You may try to keep her under wraps until absolutely necessary, until you're on your 100th "Stop it!" or your 50th "Get yourself together now!" and you just absolutely positively can not take another unnecessary temper tantrum. Now this is not to say that our little darlings are not just the most precious things you ever did see or that they are not the most awesomeness little people ever. They most certainly are! But lets be honest and real for just a second, sometimes our precious darlings like to push our buttons and try us just to see what they can or cannot get away with. It is this very moment that you have to make them realize that things just got real and Mommy means business.


I always joke with hubby saying that I need to learn how to project a "daddy's voice," you all know exactly what I'm talking about. Daddy can come in and raise his voice and put some extra bass in there and the kiddies know that he means business and that's just from the first sound of it! Mommy has to say it more than a few times and then possibly have to bring out Mean Mommy. Its not until then they realize, "Oh snap! Mommy means business!" and they get themselves in order.


If your kids are anything like my 3, after the smoke clears they come to you with hugs, kisses and apologies. They soften your heart even more with an "I'm sorry Mommy, I love you" in that cute baby voice that you love so very much and all becomes right in the land of Mother and Children once again.


I read a blog just the other day that spoke briefly on Mean Mommy and it was so refreshing to read something that you yourself go through and that you could relate to. So many times I talk to or listen to some moms who, to me, put on this front like their child(ren) are just the perfect little angel(s) and they never do or have done anything wrong and they never have to raise their voices to them and I just think its ridiculous. There is no need to make pretend, just be real and honest with others and most importantly yourself. It's ok if Mean Mommy has to sprout her not so nice head up every now and then, it really is ok. You know why? In my opinion anyway, its one of the many ways of showing your children you love them. I love my boys enough to discipline them and to teach them to do things the right way. My passion for these very things tends to bring out Mean Mommy which is just another expression of my love for my boys.


Proverbs 22:6 tells us to train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. When Mean Mommy arrives, she means business and she's simply training her children to be adults who have character, integrity, accountability, and also responsibility.

To my fellow Mommy's out there love your children, love your children, love your children!! Don't beat yourself up if Mean Mommy has to show her face, just remember that Mean Mommy also loves those babies.

Until next time!
Crowns Galore
XOXO




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lets talk about sex baby!

My Marriage Rant....

I'm a Cheated Slacker!