What's with these letters? BB or CC? Let me help you decide.

I got a question the other day that pretty much stumped me. What's the difference between BB and CC creams. I stumbled with an explanation that ended with, "I honestly don't even know!" I was then set on a mission to figure it out and equip myself with the knowledge I needed to explain this matter the next time the opportunity arose, hopefully it will come knocking once more.
On my quest I found out some interesting details about the two.


BB Cream also known as Beauty Balm or Blemish Balm Cream, was originally created to lesson the steps of a woman's beauty regimen, to streamline the routine.  Its a moisturizer, primer, sunscreen, skin treatment, concealer, and foundation all in one simple tube, talk about minimalism! BB creams were introduced to the United States back in 2011 and for the past 5 years have become a staple for many women. You can purchase them from any where for as low as $10 to as high as $100
There are some benefits to using BB creams, there's the sun protection with a SPF of 30 and it contains zinc oxide or titanium oxide, physical sun blocks that have some built-in water-resistant properties which id great right?! Then there's the antioxidants (Vitamins A, E &C) that help fight the effects of aging, hyaluronic acid and glycerin which are both great for moisturizing. Glycerin is an awesome primer by the way. Ingredients such as licorice and arbutin that help even out skin tone and  dimethicone, that help smooth the skin, another great primer. Now, here's the kicker, there's no way that this cream can contain all of those properties and not be thick and heavy which is a drawback for some women. Another drawback is the fact that BB creams only come in a few shades with the darkest being close to the medium shades of most foundations which leaves out many of my Chocolate Drops and I love to call you beauties.

CC Cream also known as Color Corrector or Complexion Corrector Creams are very similar to BB Creams except they give fuller foundation like coverage without the heaviness. It does well with covering issues like discoloration, pimples, age spots or sallow skin. It usually has a higher SPF than the BB cream, it is also less oily and matte. Did I mention that CC creams have a ton of Vitamins C and E? The British Journal of Dermatology has done some studies that have shown that CC creams can correct skin discolorations within 6-8 weeks. Through all of my internet research on BB and CC creams my summary is  if you want a low maintenance easy look, your more into having a natural make up look without the need for all of the makeup then go with the BB cream. If you have some skin issues that you are battling with like skin discoloration and acne you can use the CC cream alone or under your concealer and foundation.

I use Ideal Flawless BB Beauty Balm its perfect for even coverage, it gives your skin 10 benefits while wearing! Ideal Flawless Beauty Balm cream is the perfect lightweight coverage, to even skin tone and reduce redness. The BB Cream reduces lines, smoothes skin and conceals flaws, all while hydrating your skin! SPF 15 protects your skin while Vitamin E, minerals and antioxidants heal and care for it! Get perfect lightweight coverage while your skin gets pampered and healthier! Flawless even coverage for your skin!

I just started using Ideal Flawless CC Cream, this perfects your skin tone while you protect it! It has light to medium coverage, to give you a flawless natural look. It corrects and hides uneven and dull skin tone, creating a luminous look. The CC cream also has SPF 50 to completely protect your skin. Buildable coverage lets you hide hard to cover spots! Formulated with licorice, Vitamin C and color correcting pearls to give you naturally glowing skin, free from dark spots and uneven skin tone. Creamy lightweight coverage also makes it seamless to apply and blend, and comfortable for everyday all day wear. I use it now when temps are up in the high 90s and I need my face to still have a slight beat for church or date night with my Mister. I use this and a lil dab of concealer on my dark circles with some mascara and maybe a lil blush, oh and of course some lip color. Its lighter than my foundation and it stands a little stronger against tears of praise minus the major sweat bleed of color onto my Kleenex.
As I tell anyone, you have to try things out and see what works best for you because what works for some may not work for others. Consider your time, budget, the look you are trying to achieve, the season and if you like it or not before settling on any product. It takes some trial and error before finding your perfect fit. This is juts another reason why I love Avon! We have a money back guarantee on all products. If you purchase and decide that it just isn't working for you or you chose the wrong shade or you thought you would use it but later decided against it you can simply return it for your money back or an exchange within reason with no trouble at all. You can go every where and get this guarantee.

Which do you prefer the BB cream or the CC cream? Are there other questions you have about a particular product? Let me know and I'll do the research for you and we can figure it out together!

Until next time!

XOXO
Crowns Galore

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lets talk about sex baby!

My Marriage Rant....

My Sisterly Natural Hair Bond