3 Ways to Find YOU!

Man, this year is flying right on by! Can you believe that Thanksgiving will be here in about 2 weeks and Christmas in less than 60 days!? This is crazy! I feel like just yesterday it was the middle of August and the kids were asking to go to the pool!
Any who! Let me focus here, my year has been so busy! The kids have all been growing like weeds, eating us out of house and home, one school year ending to another one beginning not only for the kids but for myself. With the new school year came school activities and field trips, homework, fundraisers,  study time, housework, family time and so on and so forth. With everything happening and things always going on, I found myself lost in a never ending cycle of daily routine. I became a walking Mombie, a Mom Zombie (see what I did there?). I was functioning but there was little brain activity going on. It's like my mind and body were on autopilot and I was just moving to get things done. I felt like the scene from one of the Shrek movies when they kept reliving the exact same day over and over again, yeah I was just reliving the same day, same routine over and over again.
I was laying in bed one day and I thought to myself, "Man, I'm bored! Let me find something to do!" Can you believe I had no idea what I wanted to do?! I could not figure out, for the life of me, what I could do to entertain myself. It's a sad state of affairs but it is very common for us as women to lose ourselves in the hustle and bustle of life and not be able to find HER when we need to or want to. It was because of this that I decided to take myself on a self awareness journey to find ME. Between being married for almost 10 years and having and raising 4 children I sometimes lose who I am as a woman, not as a mom, not as a wife but as a woman. Every now and then self examination and evaluation is necessary. How many of you can truly admit that there was a time, if not now, before; that you forgot who you were and/or what you even liked that didn't include the hubby or the kids? If that's you, then keep reading my darling, because I'm going to give you

3 simple tips to find YOU!




1. Make time for some quiet time.
You're busy, I know; between family, work, school and whatever else, you think you don't have time to take a breather but taking a break can be the best thing you can do for your day. Giving your mind a break to recharge and I'm not talking about when you are sleeping, smarty pants, can reset and re-balance you. Quieting your mind can help recharge you emotionally, physically, and spiritually. In short, less lashing out, less frustration, left spazzing and less yelling when you take a few minutes to yourself. I've found that it also makes you more aware of yourself. Sitting quietly hearing your own reflections of the day has a way of opening you up to who you are. Try it!

2. Personal Development
Listen to a podcast, or read a self help book, read the Bible. Contrary to popular belief, there is nothing wrong with reading or listening to self help. We don't know it all so why not get info on how to do it from others who have done it. Makes sense right? I even listen to my pastor's sermons for morning encouragement, it empowers me and strengthens me spiritually. Doing daily personal development helps to reveal your inner strengths, it motivates you to get moving or get started or to keep moving. Find you a podcast, spend some quiet time at Barnes & Noble and pick you up a good self help read, it's worth it, I promise!
Need one to start you off? Try this Elevation Church podcast for starters.

3. Appreciate Life
Being on the move so much can cause you to miss out on the small moments of life that are happening in the now. Don't allow your busy life and schedule to blind you of all the gems life shows you daily. Don't be the one who focuses on everything but what's right in front of you. Appreciate the time with the kids because they won't be kids always, enjoy the time with your spouse or significant other because tomorrow's not promised. Call your parents or grandparents or distant relatives while you can because with this crazy world, we don't know how long we have here. Appreciate the fact that you woke up and you can experience a new day because that in itself is a gift!

The holidays are basically here, there's no better time to find yourself than a little before the most busiest time of the year. Don't put it off any longer because before you know it you'll be somewhere in a corner, knees to chest, rocking back and forth with tears in your eyes. FIND YOU NOW!

How do you find yourself when you get lost in the hustle? I would love to hear how? If my tips helped you in any way let me know about it! Comment below, let's chat about it. Don't be selfish, please share!

Until next time!
XOXO
-Crowns Galore




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lets talk about sex baby!

My Marriage Rant....

My Sisterly Natural Hair Bond